Rueda & Salsa Club in Fukuoka
About our club
* Are you looking for new ways to have fun exercising without going to the gym?
* Are you looking to make new friends outside of work?
* Do you want to make international friends?
* Do you like Latin music and atmosphere?
* Are you interested in salsa or Latin dance?
Then 'Rueda de Casino' is for you!
* Rueda de Casino: A way of dancing salsa where several pairs dance in a circle exchanging partners and moving according to the leader's call/signal.
Rueda means wheel in Spanish; and Casino is the term used in Cuba for what is known in the US as Salsa. Miami-style Rueda routines are mostly the same everywhere. The names of the movements are mostly in Spanish but sometimes also in English. The dance uses hand signals, so anybody can take part in the dance, even if it is a foreigners' first time.
[Greetings from the organiser, Kaname]
Thank you for browsing our website. When I studied Rueda de Casino in Perth, Australia, participants of all skill levels would come together after our lessons for a Big Rueda where we would enjoy dancing with one another regardless of age or ability. This experience truly gave us a sense of unity.
Even though I am still learning Salsa and Rueda, I want to recreate something similar to The Big Rueda in Fukuoka. With the help of my wife, I'd like to introduce more people to Rueda de Casino and share the joy of dancing. We are looking forward to meeting you! =).
* No experience or partner required! Beginners welcome! It's easy for newcomers to participate regardless of dancing ability. This makes Rueda a great way to meet new people and make friends!
* This is more of a friendly social group than a dancing lesson. For further details, please contact me, Kaname.
* We practice Miami-style Rueda de Casino based on Cuban rueda. We hope to have '100 pairs dancing' at the same time.
* We are very multi-national. Our members come from 12 countries (China, Dominica, Egypt, India/Canada, Indonesia, Mongolia, Philippines, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, the United States and Japan)
* The popularity of Rueda de Casino is not just among the fellow members of our club but across the world. The Japan Rueda Festival has taken place every summer since 2012. Rueda de Casino international multi flash mob day has been held every spring since 2014. Video clips are posted on the official website. Our Fukuoka team joined this project in 2018.
Our Rueda exercises and activities
Fukuoka flash mob in 2018
* The schedule is subject to change.
* The schedule up to the next 4 months is available for viewing.
* Fee: 1000 yen for an hour and a half or two hours for our regular club practice session.
* We will post information about special workshops, events, etc. as they become available.
Fukuoka Civic Hall (福岡市民会館), 3F Practice room D
Free parking available.
*The nearest subway station is Tenjin.