Rueda & Salsa club in Fukuoka
Let’s dance Rueda de Casino!
You'll be dancing in no time!
"Conveniently located in Tenjin, Fukuoka"
What is Rueda de Casino?
It is a Latin style folk dance.
* A way of dancing salsa where several pairs dance in a circle, exchanging partners and moving according to the leader's call/signal. *
Int'l flash mob in 2019
FIS Mini lesson in 2019
Rueda de Casino is a great way to:
✔ Have fun while exercising and enjoying music!
✔ Make new friends outside of work!
✔ Make international friends!
✔ Learn dancing in an easy-going environment!
✔ Improve your salsa!
[Greetings from the organiser, Kaname]
Thank you for browsing our website. When I studied Rueda de Casino in Perth, Australia, participants of all skill levels would come together after our lessons for a Big Rueda (circle) where we would enjoy dancing with one another regardless of age or ability. This experience truly gave us a sense of unity.
Even though I am still learning Salsa and Rueda, I want to recreate something similar to The Big Rueda in Fukuoka. With the help of my wife, I'd like to introduce more people to Salsa, Rueda de Casino and share the joy of dancing. We are looking forward to meeting you! =).
[Feedback from our participants]
- It is easy for newcomers to participate even if it is their first time.
- It’s very affordable, and there’s no obligation. You can drop in whenever you want.
- This is more of a friendly social group than a regular dancing lesson.
- We dance in a circle, so there is a sense of unity.
- I can apply the Rueda de Casino skills to salsa dancing.
* Our activity seeks the number of Miami Rueda dancers in Fukuoka, and hope to eventually achieve a turnout of 100 pairs at our regularly held events. We strive to create a comfortable environment with kind and considerate members.
We look forward to having you join us!
* We are very multi-national. Our members come from 16 countries (Australia, China, Dominica, Egypt, India/Canada, Indonesia, Mongolia, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, the United States and Japan)
* Salsa, Rueda de Casino is popular across the world. The Japan Rueda Festival has taken place every summer since 2012. Rueda de Casino international multi flash mob day has been held every spring since 2014. Video clips are posted on the official website. Our Fukuoka team joined this project in 2018 and 2019.
* The schedule is subject to change.
* The schedule up to the next 4 months is available for viewing, so please check it every month.
* Fee: 1000 yen for an hour and a half, or two hours for our regular club practice session.
* We will post information about special workshops, events, etc. as they become available.
Fukuoka Civic Hall (福岡市民会館), 3F Rehearsal room D
Free parking available.
* The nearest subway station is Tenjin.